Living and working in Bracknell Forest
If you are considering a social care job at Bracknell Forest Council you are probably looking for an honest view of what it’s like to live and/or work here:
- Staff don’t arrive at work frazzled as Bracknell is really easy to commute to, right next to the M3 and M4 junctions and traffic flow in the town is good
- Bracknell train station is five minutes walk from the Time Square offices and is on the main Reading to London Waterloo rail line
- Bracknell house prices are reasonable and there are any many nice areas to live
- Our schools are good no matter which area you choose to live in
Bracknell town centre is currently being regenerated. Work on The Lexicon is going full steam ahead with the exciting new venue’s opening date of 7 September. A growing list of retailers and restaurants are lined-up to join the The Lexicon including Marks and Spencer, Pandora, Fenwick, Carluccio’s, Wagamama and the Gourmet Burger Kitchen - see The Lexicon Bracknell for more information
There are fantastic leisure opportunities in the area and great open spaces to enjoy. Swinley Forest is huge and surrounds Bracknell, it is used for walking, off road biking and has a fantastic outdoor play area.
- Crime and antisocial behaviour is very low and Bracknell is a safe place to walk around, no matter what time of day
So that’s an honest reflection of what it’s like to live and work in Bracknell. If you want an equally honest view of what it’s like to work for us please click on the meet our staff page.