Living and working in Bracknell Forest
If you are considering a social care job at Bracknell Forest Council you are probably looking for an honest view of what it’s like to live and/or work here:
- Staff don’t arrive at work frazzled as Bracknell is really easy to commute to, right next to the M3 and M4 junctions and traffic flow in the town is good
- Bracknell train station is five minutes walk from the Time Square offices and is on the main Reading to London Waterloo rail line
- Bracknell house prices are reasonable and there are any many nice areas to live
- Our schools are good no matter which area you choose to live in
Bracknell town centre has been regenerated. The Lexicon opened September 2017 with an exciting range of retailers and restaurants. See The Lexicon Bracknell for more information.
There are fantastic leisure opportunities in the area and great open spaces to enjoy. Swinley Forest is huge and surrounds Bracknell, it is used for walking, off road biking and has a fantastic outdoor play area. Coral Reef waterworld has recently re-opened following a major refurbishment.
- Crime and antisocial behaviour is very low and Bracknell is a safe place to walk around, no matter what time of day
So that’s an honest reflection of what it’s like to live and work in Bracknell. If you want an equally honest view of what it’s like to work for us please click on the meet our staff page.